Safed Musli or White Musli, also referred to as ‘White gold’ or ‘Divya aushad,’ is popularly used to improve sexual performance and general overall health in both men and women. Safed Musli helps manage erectile dysfunction as well as stress-induced sexual problems. It also helps improve the quality and quantity of sperm due to its spermatogenic, anti-stress, and antioxidant properties.
What are the synonyms of Safed Musli?
Safed Musli is also known as Chlorophytum borivilianum, Land-Caltrops, Safed Moosli, Dholi Musli, Khiruva, Swetha Musli, Taniravi Thang, Shedheveli.
Benefits of Safed Musli
Improves Sexual Performance
Safed Musli helps improve sexual performance by increasing libido. It also helps enhance testosterone levels, improve sperm count, and prevent premature ejaculation. Safed Musli is a good aphrodisiac and a revitalizer agent that enhances strength and stamina.
Safed Musli acts as Vajikarana (aphrodisiac) and Rasayana (rejuvenating), making it effective in improving sexual performance.
Improves Sperm Count
Safed Musli is used as an aphrodisiac agent due to its spermatogenic property. It might improve the sperm count and thus might help reduce the risk of oligospermia.
Safed Musli acts as Vajikarana (aphrodisiac) and Rasayana (rejuvenating) agent and improves the sperm count.
Safed Musli might help manage stress due to its anti-stress and adaptogenic activity. It also has antioxidant properties, which reduces free radicals in the body and minimizes the risk of oxidative stress-induced disorders.
Stress may be due to an imbalance of Vata dosha in the body. Safed Musli has a property of balancing Vata dosha in the body, thus reducing stress.
Manages Erectile Dysfunction
Safed Musli has spermatogenic properties that help in improving the sperm quality as well as the sperm count. It also enhances the testosterone levels, which further improves blood circulation to the genitals for lengthier erections. Thus, it might be useful in male infertility and other sexual disorders.
Safed Musli acts as Vajikarana (aphrodisiac) and might lower the risk of impotence and sexual disorders. Safed Musli also improves the quality and quantity of sperms due to its Guru and Sita virya property.
Saponins present in Safed Musli have anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic activities. It inhibits the inflammatory mediators like histamine and prostaglandins responsible for pain and inflammation in arthritic patients.
Safed Musli increases Kapha according to ayurvedic principles, so it is highly beneficial for arthritis. It helps reduce joint inflammation that occurs in arthritis.
Safed Musli might help manage erectile dysfunction due to its aphrodisiac properties. Safed Musli can increase sexual desire and maintain an erection during intercourse. It also helps increase male potency as it has spermatogenic properties. This helps improve sperm quality as well as the sperm count.
Safed Musli is useful for males to manage sexual problems such as premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction. This is due to its Vajikarana (aphrodisiac) property that helps improve the quality and quantity of sperms. Thus, it helps enhance sexual strength and stamina.
Yes, the root extract of Safed Musli consists of certain substances that possess aphrodisiac and spermatogenic properties. This might help manage disorders relating to sexual wellness, such as premature ejaculation.
Safed Musli is a very effective medicine to manage premature ejaculation. It has the property of Vajikarana (aphrodisiac) that helps to improve sexual stamina and reduce the symptoms of premature ejaculation.
A combination of Safed Musli and Kaunch helps to increase the circulation of growth hormone in the blood. This may further help to increase muscle mass or muscular strength.
Components present in Safed Musli stimulate the activity of natural killer cells in the body due to its immune-stimulating properties. Thus, Safed Musli might help improve the immune function of the body.
Safed Musli is an excellent immune modulator due to its Rasayana property. It improves the longevity and vitality of the body.
Safed Musli might lower total blood cholesterol, bad cholesterol (LDL), and triglycerides because of its strong antioxidant property. It also improves the bile acid secretion and removes cholesterol from the body through feces. Safed Musli might improve lipid metabolism and increase the level of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) or good cholesterol.
Safed Musli helps to boost metabolism due to its Madhur and Tikta properties. It also helps to speed up fat metabolism and maintain a healthy lipid profile.
The antioxidants present in Safed Musli help fight against the free radicals and prevent cell damage. This reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Safed Musli might also improve brain activities and boost strength due to its rejuvenating property.
Safed Musli is effective in delaying aging due to its Rasayana properties.
Enough scientific evidence is not available for the role of Safed Musli in respiratory problems. Safed Musli helps regulate the immune system and might help general wellness and cure allergies.
Safed Musli has Rasayana (rejuvenating) property, which improves immunity and reduces respiratory problems.
- Kumar M, Singh JK, Musali S.(Chlorophytum Borivilianum L.): A precious medicinal plant.BEPLS.2016;5(10):89-94.”,https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1268-SAFED+MUSLI.aspx.,”Minakshi P, Neeraj S, Sushila K, et al.Plant regeneration studies in Safed Musli (Chlorophytum Sp.).Int J Res Ayurveda Pharm.2014;5(1):95-98.
- WebMD.Safed Musli: Uses, Side effects, Doses, Interactions [Internet].Atlanta [last updated in 2016].
- Sharma P, Chandrul KK.Chlorophytum borivilianum (Safed musli): A vital herbal drug.Int. J Pharm Med. Res.2017;5(1):401-411.
- Pannakal ST, Jager S, Duranton A, et al.Longevity effect of a polysaccharide from Chlorophytum borivilianum on Caenorhabditis elegans and Saccharomyces cerevisiae.PLoS One.2017;12(7)e0179813.
- Desale P.Safed Musli: Herbal viagra for male impotence.Journal of Medicinal Plants Studies.2013;1(3):91-97.
- Lande AA, Ambavade SD, Swami US, et al.Saponins isolated from roots of Chlorophytum borivilianum reduce acute and chronic inflammation and histone deacetylase.J Integr Med.2015;13(1):25–33.
- Alleman RJ, Canale RE, McCarthy CG, et al.A blend of Chlorophytum borivilianum and velvet bean increases serum growth hormone in exercise-trained men.Nutr Metab Insights.2011;4:55–63.
- Rath SK, Panja AK.Clinical evaluation of root tubers of Shweta Musali (Chlorophytum borivilianum L.) and its effect on semen and testosterone.Ayu. 2013; 34(3): 273–275.
- Kenjale R, Shah RK, Sathaye SS.Anti-stress and antioxidant effects of roots of Chlorophytum borivilianum (Santa Pau & Fernandes).Indian J Exp Biol.2007;45(11):974-9.
- Giribabu N, Kumar KE, Rekha SS.Chlorophytum borivilianum root extract maintains near normal blood glucose, insulin and lipid profile levels and prevents oxidative stress in the pancreas of streptozotocin-induced adult male diabetic rats.Int J Med Sci. 2014; 11(11): 1172–1184.
- Thakur M, Connellan P, Deseo MA, et al.Immunomodulatory polysaccharide from Chlorophytum borivilianum roots.Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine.2010;2011:598521.
- Kenjale R, Shah R, Sathaye S.Effects of Chlorophytum borivilianum on sexual behaviour and sperm count in male rats.Phytother Res. 2008 Jun;22(6):796-801.
- Das S, Singhal S, Kumar N.Standardised extract of Safed musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum) increases aphrodisiac potential besides being safe in male Wistar rats.Andrologia. 2016 Dec;48(10):1236-1243.
- Khanam Z, Singh O, Singh R, Bhat IU. Safed musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum): a review of its botany, ethnopharmacology and phytochemistry. J Ethnopharmacol.2013 Nov 25;150(2):421-41. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2013.08.064
This information is meant to supplement, not replace advice from your doctor or healthcare provider and is not meant to cover all possible uses, precautions, interactions or adverse effects. This information may not fit your specific health circumstances. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on Foresta Organics. You should always speak with your doctor or health care professional before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your healthcare plan or treatment and to determine what course of therapy is right for you.